Sunday 6 November 2011

The start of the Sleuths, Spies and Lies brief I chose Platt hall, the reason I chose this was I was inspired by the late 19 century clothing but it was the swimwear that interested me.
I liked the way the swimwear enhances the figure especially in the 1950's where the designs really show off the hour glass shape pinching in at the waist. Another part of the swimwear that inspired me was the colour and patterns that ran through they were really vibrant some with geometric bold deigns.
Weldon's Home Journal, July 1954
1965-1969 swimming costume (1989.63)
"bathing costume & swimsuit" [1989.63], St Michael, Marks & Spencer
bikini 1947.2865
"bathing costume & bikini" [1947.2865]

Looking at magazine articles from the 19th century and picking out parts of the deigns I started to look at a way I can turn my own drawings into patterns and designs that could possibly be part of the clothing.




                                                               Summer Project




No comments:

Post a Comment