Sunday 20 November 2011

Drawing Workshops

Aswell as working independantly on my Slueuths, Spies and lies project there has been several drawing workshops set up to make us think out of the box and that anything is a drawing wether its a line on the floor to a hole in the wall. Some of these realy challenged me as im stuck in my ways when drawing but being made to look at things from a different angle have really helped.
The drawing task I enjoyed most was mark making and only having a short time to produce a drawing as i couldnt over think it.

This was an independent drawing task we were given, the only points I had to stick to was that it had to be 1 Metre by 1 Metre but doesn't have to be a square and it had to be black and white. At first I struggled to think of what I can do so looking through my work without even realising I was simplifying my drawings rather then drawing with full detail I was more interested in the outline and silhouette.

I enjoyed this drawing task and expressing on a larger scale but I struggled to start on the metre white paper so by splitting it into sections it didn't seem as daunting and I found it easier to start drawing.



This was the final drawing session and I'm not a big fan of collage and mixing materials when it comes to drawing but with advice to loosen up and to stop restricting myself when making marks I opened my mind and just got stuck in. The way that helped me to free up was holding the brush at the end so I didn't have control and it gave me different marks then I just kept building on them with a splash of colour and cut out materials. I think this worked well and the way the patterns and colours all link I feel really connects to the rest of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment